Monday, May 5, 2014

Seventy Four . . .

Courting a Soulmate 1
by Stormcat

I've been waiting my whole life to meet this woman
why does two weeks more seem like such an eternity
is it that my world has felt so dead for so long like
living in a lightless tunnel cold and alone groping
wondering if my eyes even will work ever again
then one day noticing, is it a mirage, how far away
what couldn’t be more than weeks turns to months
still not sure that it is real, afraid to believe
more afraid to doubt

I've been waiting my whole life to meet this woman
is a date certain really that . .  can anything be that
what if she likes pomegranate seeds in orange juice
served in bed with coffee  . . . every morning I
guess I can do that, but I'm not baiting her hooks
she wants to fish, she puts her own damn worms on
but I will clean her catch and prepare a tasty dish
and sip wine and dance the slow dance and
love her forever

I've been waiting my whole life to meet this woman
every love song ever written and sung is about her
she is the soft breeze of summer caressing the leaves
cooling the forest whispering to the frogs that
the storm is on his way and she is impatient to feel
life generating strength penetrating her essence
yet fearing the explosive power that she triggers
does she realize that respect is my mantra
but how can I resist

I've been waiting my whole life to meet this woman
to marvel as she dances naked in the moonlight
and brings babies from conception to adulthood
to endure the harsh demands of femininity just
to taste her lips, feast on her breasts,  satisfy
my irresistible masculine desire on her to
cherish her eyes as they sparkle joy or anger
to thrill her discoveries of simple beauty
to find the joy of life

I've been waiting my whole life to meet this woman
and now that she is coming all self-doubt  inures
sleeplessness controls, my heart beats out of whack
my breathing loses all regularity, my skin exudes
sebaceous character as if recapitulating teenage angst,
dichotomous emotions surface, I wonder whether I'm
embarking on  a marvelously successful adventure or
painfully oppressive imminent disaster
couched in beauty

I've been waiting my whole life to meet this woman
my princess, my goddess, my sweetheart, my lover
my best friend, my muse, my number one fan, my
shy little one. the one I protect, the one I fight for
the one I was born to love, the one I live for, the
one I would die for, the one who will bear with me
the burden of living and share with me the rewards
of bearing that burden, the only one I
have ever hoped for
Yup!

I've been waiting my whole life to meet this woman.

Copyright 2013 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment