Monday, May 5, 2014

Seventy Two . . .

Absence
by Stormcat

Sometimes the pain of it is so great
that I simply groan under its weight
the longing
consumes me, longing at the expense of every thinking
as if some craziness has infected my body

For what I face is a fierce absence
one having unknown permanence
unpredictable
and the lack of control makes it all the more untenable
yet I suspect that patience overcomes folly

Come now, my love, at last to relieve
pain which otherwise has no reprieve
your sweet embrace
justifies any amount of pain and will completely erase
all accumulated resentment in totality

But I won't stop myself from indulging
this pain. knowing it a sign of lasting
love. The intensity
indicating the strength thereof. So celebrate the density
of love that can, thus, overwhelm you wholly

Yet my heart cries out. . . when will it all end?

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment