Monday, April 4, 2016



Father Immemorial
(random thoughts at my father’s death)
By Stormcat



Somewhere in-between
the rabble and the entitled
must exist the bastion of the enlightened
why is it so hard to find
that in-between

the rabble is ignorant
and the entitled, threatened
But truth? Truth is simply singular, with
the thousand versions thereof
only flawed approximation

So raze the conscious
In search for the qualities of
a life who taught more than knowledge
instilled basic foundations
to think and question

more than functionality
learned at his feet, acquired
under his supervision, taken from his
tutelage, experimentally and
empirically expanded


the vestiges of net, now
vanished from it's place, evokes
a feeling of poignant finality, a realization
that life's tightrope features
safety below no more

it’s a serious gift to
linger, a gift inerasable
not even extinguished by the grave
that delays or cements
celestial reward

there stands his sister
there stand his brothers
and parents there also and grand and
great grand and every one
from the beginning

so goes he now this
night to a family reunion
oh what a grand celebration will be
for them, a family waiting,
just beyond the veil

Copyright 2016, All right's reserved

12 comments:

  1. Very deep and moving, Stormcat, as I found myself, thinking my own dad's passing, in November, 1998. I hope, your dad didn't suffer, a long and painful passing, from this plain, to the next. Thank you, for sharing these thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So raze the conscious
    In search for the qualities of
    a life who taught more than knowledge

    Lovely lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very compelling thoughts at a difficult time...the end is a powerful image. As we grieve we can know they are welcomed into the fold and having a wonderful reunion.

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cascade of emotive and poignant thoughts ... the stop/start observation and ponder of the piece, is so well rendered ... so true, I think, of the mourning ritual/process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this got me interested from the beginning. I was attracted to the classifications in it. very well-put, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a poignant sketch of the final moment of departure "just beyond the veil"...death of a loved one does make us aware of the vast beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me know a fair bit about dat subject myself, but that's okay ... and me also noticed, U never care to comment on my blog ever, Storm Cat Guy ... but that's okay too ... be well, hmmm? Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... me no poet ... me just scribbling stuff ... smiles ... thank U 4 Ur input, storm cat poet guy, hmmm? Love, cat

      Delete
    2. ... and , yes, U R invited, k? Love, cat.

      Delete
  8. yes, we can always think of it as a family reunion..
    take care, Stormcat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my condolences on your Dad's passing. I like the caring aspect of a welcoming party for him as he travels to the spirit world

    have a good week, im happy you dropped by my Sunday Lime

    much love...

    ReplyDelete